If you wish to return artwork you’ve purchased from Backwater Stills, you have up to 30 days from the time your artwork is delivered to contact us with your intent to return the item(s) – in its original condition – through a traceable method so you can provide us with a tracking number.
If you do not notify us of your intent to return the work within 30 days of receipt, or you do not ship the print(s) back to us, you will not be eligible for a refund.
Returned prints are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
How to Return an Undamaged Print
1. Email [email protected] to provide your order information and the reason for the return within 30 days of your merchandise delivery date.
2. Repackage the artwork using the original packaging materials. If you have already disposed of the original packaging, you are responsible for purchasing packaging materials to send the artwork safely back to us.
3. Arrange to send the packaged artwork to us using a traceable shipping method; insurance is at your discretion. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your return, so this covers you should the item get lost. If we do not receive the item you sent, you will need to file a claim with the shipping company.
If you purchased from us outside of the United States, select “Delivered Duty Paid” (DDP) when creating your shipping label. You are required to pay all fees including customs and VAT when returning artwork. If DDP is not selected, the amount owed will be deducted from your refund.
4. Email shipping details, including tracking number, to [email protected]. Once the print is received by us, we will process your return. The amount owed will be refunded to your original source of payment in the same currency and exchange rate as your original order (minus international customs fees, if applicable) within ten (10) business days of your return.
Shipping costs will not be refunded, this includes shipping you paid to receive the item, and shipping paid to return the item.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable):
If you haven’t received a refund within ten (10) business days, please contact your credit card company or bank. It may take some time before your refund is posted to your account.
If you have done all of this and still have not received your refund, please contact us.
Additional return information, please read:
- Backwater Stills is not responsible for undelivered returns, please contact your carrier to file a claim.
- Prints that are not returned to us in their original condition may be subject to additional deductions.
- Additional shipping fees may apply for international returns.
What to do if the Artwork Arrives Damaged
1. Save original packaging!
2. Email [email protected] with your order information within seven (7) days of receipt.
3. Take photos of damaged artwork and packaging. Email photos to [email protected].
4. A Backwater Stills representative will contact you to discuss next steps.
Items typically arrive within 5-10 business days after the ship date but sometimes there may be delays beyond our control, such as extreme weather or union strikes. If your order has not arrived within ten (10) business days after you receive a tracking number, please contact us.